Iranian Neurological Association, History and Introduction The first Iranian society for clinical neurology with the name of Iranian Society of Neurology was established by the late Professor Djalal Brimani in 1991. This society was very successful and the first few annual neurology meetings was organized by this society and three general elections for ExCo took place from 1991 to 1999. In 2003, the ExCo decided to change the name of the organization to Iranian Neurological Association (INA) and four general elections in 2003, 2006, 2010 and 2014 in the new era has happened so far. The current ExCo members are:
- Dr. Hossein Pakdaman, President
- Dr. Babak Zamani, Vice President
- Dr. Shahriar Nafissi, Secretary and Editor-in-chief, Iranian Journal of Neurology (IJNL)
- Dr. Majid Gafarpour, Treasurer
- Dr. Mansoureh Togha, ExCo Member and head of Iranian Headache Association
- Dr. Nahid Beladi-Moghadam, ExCo Member
- Dr. Masoud Etemadifar: ExCo Member
INA is the only organization for more than 900 neurologists in Iran. The main goal of INA is to promote education and improve the quality of neurology practice in Iran. Major achievements of INA in recent years are:
- Annual neurology and clinical neurophysiology meetings
- Establishment of the scientific, congress and ethics committees
- INA official journal, Iranian Journal of Neurology (IJNL) is now indexed in PubMed. Applications for ISI and Scopus are underway.
- Membership of World Federation of Neurology (WFN)
- Membership of International Fedration of Clinical Neurophysiology (IFCN) and International Headache Society (IHS)
- Publishing the textbook of neurology for medical students in 2015
- Efficient collaboration with international and national societies, governmental organizations, professional associations and other groups with interests in the field of Neurology.